Everyone knows physical activity is very important to staying healthy. However, when it starts to get cold outside, many people lose motivation. I know for me, I never feel like walking outside and going to the gym. However, it is important to keep in mind that you feel much better once you get to where you are going. It is hard to actually get there, but once you finish your workout you feel accomplished and successful. Next time it is chilly outside and you don't feel like walking to the gym, just keep in mind your progress and your end goal. If you quit now, you are just putting yourself off-track to reach your end goal! Stay motivated and stay active.
Hey Julia, I agree with you 100%! Just like you said with it being so cold during the winter months it can be hard to get the motivation to continue going to the gym. I always look at it in a future aspect and ask myself, "would myself in a month from now be happy that I skipped the gym today?" and the answer is always no. With most things in life there will be times when you don't want to do something but the ones who become successful and reach their goals are the ones that still do it even when they don't want to or when it gets hard.
ReplyDeleteI 100% agree that it is hard to stay motivated when it starts to get cold outside. I really do not like the cold weather and much rather stay inside than go outside. However instead of missing days I like to find new ways to keep progress going while being inside. I like to go and walk the indoor track at the Arc or swim. Another thing that I will do is body weight workouts at home, sometimes I use resistance bands to make the workouts a little more challenging. I also like to take being inside as a chance to do stuff like yoga or meditation sense it is something simple that you can do anywhere.
ReplyDelete